SMDC (Sheet Metal Drawing Creator) is an app designed to assist Autodesk® Inventor® users in creating 2D drawings for sheet metals. With SMDC, you can quickly and efficiently generate accurate and professional-looking drawings for your sheet metal designs. This can save you time and effort, as well as streamline your workflow.
2D drawings are crucial for documentation and conveying important information to engineers and manufacturers involved in the production process.
Creating 2D drawings in Inventor® can take up a lot of time, but it’s necessary for documentation and conveying important information. SMDC streamlines this process, allowing users to create accurate and professional-looking drawings quickly, giving them more time to focus on other projects or improve current designs.
General Usage Instructions
SMDC (Sheet Metal Drawing Creator)
– SMDC allows users to choose between a standard drawing template or a specified one from the settings. This customizable feature saves time and ensures that users can generate drawings that meet their specific needs and preferences.
– SMDC automatically generates four standard drawing views of the main Assembly: Front, Top, Side, and ISO view.
– If a sheet metal part has a flat pattern, SMDC adds an extra flat pattern view to the drawing sheet. This feature ensures that users have all the necessary views for their sheet metal designs, making the drawing creation process quicker and more efficient.
How it works
SMDC can be accessed from both Assembly and Part documents in Inventor®.
- Assembly Document
- SMDC checks all sheet metal parts within an Assembly in Inventor®, streamlining the drawing creation process and saving users time. This feature ensures that all sheet metal parts are included in the drawing generation process.
- SMDC exports a . STP file of the main Assembly, allowing for easy sharing of designs.
- Exporting the Parts list(Parts Only) of the Main Assembly into an Excel file.
- 1St Sheet contains four views of the Assembly – Front, Top, Side, and ISO View.
- Adding a Parts list and Balloons, simplifying parts management and making it easy to identify and track all the parts within an Assembly.
- For each sheet metal part, you will get a new sheet that contains 4 Standard views and a Flat Pattern view.
- You can choose from the Settings whether to Retrieve Dimensions or to Add Overall Dimensions.
- Sheet metal Document: A new drawing document will open and SMDC will add 4 Standard views and a Flat Pattern view to it.
Installation guide: https://youtu.be/DAEoqFIdCBI
The Add-in works for Autodesk® Inventor® releases since 2020.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in will start installing the app/plug-in. OR double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the plugin without uninstalling it by unchecking the “Loaded/Unloaded” checkbox associated with the plugin in the Inventor Add-In Manager. You may have to restart Inventor to unload the application completely.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Add-in if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the “Uninstall” button. OR you can uninstall it from ‘Control Panel/Programs and Features’ (Windows 7/8.1/10/11), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
Each App offers a 15-day trial for users to explore the app’s features and functionality before purchasing a license.
For each Product, a new license will be generated and can be found on the order Page.
Add-in is for 1 PC for 1 Year (the user will be notified about the rest days).
For Floating /Unlimited licenses or multi-users/Offline Activation (Contact us)
30 Days Money-Back Guarantee!